Monday, October 3, 2011

One day, somebody's gonna have to make a stand. One day, somebody's gonna have to say -- enough.

Hello! I've got some weekly rage and challenges for you all! I've just decided that all my emoticons have been scooped out--and only rage remains. I'm like a turkey... filled with rage instead of stuffing. Not that I eat turkey, but you catch my drift.

Okay, so, now that we got that out of the way... let's be green!

Challenge 17. Share. Yup, that's it. Easy, right? Didn't we cover this one in kindergarten? I have 20 cookies. Rather than stuff my face with all 20, vomit, and feel sick by my own gluttony--I share those cookies with 10-20 of my friends. Now, everyone has a cookie. And my friends like me. And I feel good on the inside. Sound simple? Well--do it then. The theme here is sharing is caring. How is sharing formed? Well, as my Nonno says, 'we are brothers and sisters on this earth'. And it's true. No matter how leftest pinko ridiculous you might think this statement is-- we are brothers and sisters on this earth. How, you ask? Because we share this earth. Sharing means you give what extra you have to others, and everyone feels good on the inside. Seems easy. So go do it. Open a door for someone. Make a dish and share it with someone. Pick up an extra (fill in blank) and give it to a friend. And what you share doesn't have to be stuff--it can be time, energy, compassion, happiness. Those things can be shared too. Lend an ear, lend a hand, help someone out who needs it. Because isolation divides us--and it makes us depressed, miserable, and selfish. We're in this together--whether you agree or not. And if you disagree--I'm not saying you're wrong. But you're wrong.

Post script: What inspired this post? A blog post by North West Edible Life (http://www.nwedible.com/2011/09/rich-man-mormon-mom-and-dice-rolls-of.html). This woman is incredible. And she made a valid point that struck home with me. No one gets rich on their own. Despite what people might tell you--they don't. Sure, hard work is involved. Obviously it is. But know what else is involved? Dumb luck. Sometimes things work out. Sometimes they don't. And sometimes it doesn't matter how hard you work or how good of a person you are. Bad people do well all the time--just as good people get hit with really shitty situations. The 'share' challenge goes towards the broader point--we must be the safety net for one another when luck doesn't go our way. And when luck does go out way--we need to be willing to acknowledge that there was luck involved and be willing to help out those who need it.

Challenge 18. Get ready to love pumpkins, because this weeks challenge is to do some sort of baking/cooking with a pumpkin! (Lolz I bet you thought it would be another rage filled, angry, call to action activism post--got you!). This week, my baking partner and I (we bake every Tuesday) will be making a *lot* of fall/Thanksgiving foods (it's thanksgiving here next week). So... clearly that means pumpkin! We are keeping it simple--pumpkin bread and pumpkin seeds. However, that's not all we're doing! We are going to save the seeds so that we can use them to make either a seed butter or just eat them (we haven't decided). We are also going to use all extra pumpkin in a stew. Mmmmmmmm. So. That's the challenge. Bake/cook with pumpkin--and use the whole pumpkin. Now, you might not have pumpkins yet in your area--and that's cool! Just shelve this post until they come into season where you are!

Okay! That's all for me! I'm street canvassing for the green party in the upcoming election so I must be off!

Endless <3

ManicPanic

Ps. The title of this post is from "Clash of the Titans". And it's my current mood. We need a Perseus. And we need one now. *manic thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment