Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Quick! Quick! Give us more challenges or we shall perish!!

Okay guys, it be I, Manic Panic again ...

....and I'm super exhausted. Like, pass out and wake up in a week exhausted. A life thing, no worries. However, I love you all enough to hit you with some quick challenges before I go and pass out.

Challenge 7: Green gifts. As you know (or maybe you did not) my birthday was last week! And, for my birthday, I received an amazing green gift! My beloved friend (and fellow MOD) donated a beehive in my honor! What a fucking awesome present, right?! I can save the bees AND have a present! Sounds like a double win to me! And so... a challenge was born. Next time you have a gift to give---make it a green one! I suggest you check out treehugger.com, as they have the how-to-guides for anything and everything! Okay, challenge 7 issued. Ps. While you are giving that green gift, keep in mind how to wrap that green gift. For my birthday this year, all my presents came in reusable cloth bags, boxes, pots, etc etc. No paper, no ribbon, no tape, and everything was reusable--but still with the element of surprise! WOO!

Challenge 8: No more silly walks! Okay, let's get radical here. I propose that if you have a trip to make, and it's under a mile, that you walk there. Most people can walk a mile in 15 minutes or less. So, if you can get there walking in 15 minutes, you should NOT be driving there. Once again, for some of you this is a cake walk, because you live in cities, but this one can apply to you too! If you usually take transit somewhere that is under a mile, I propose that you walk/bike there instead! Think of the benefits! It will clear your head, keep you fit, and save you cashmoney. As the challenges progress, we will extend the margin for silly walks. I usually walk if it's under 5-6 miles, no matter the season, but I'm a little nuts and I've been doing it for over a year.

As a ps. to this challenge, this summer I've been riding my bike to work and back every day. It's 30km a trip so 60km total every day. Total gas money savings so far? Over 400 dollars. Not to mention no insurance payments, car maintenance payments, etc etc...

Thanks for birthday wishes, reading the blog, and commenting on the facebook page/emailing us!

More posts coming soon! (I promise--and I know I keep saying that but I really do promise)

Endless <3

Manic Panic

1 comment:

  1. It's ManicPanic again! Just letting you know that one of my bestest friends, and fellow MOD, gave me an AMAZING 10,000 villages green gift for my birthday! Amazing! Hooray Green!!

    ReplyDelete