Saturday, August 6, 2011

Oh, Why Hello There Stranger...

Well, shucks, I can’t believe that I get the honor of doing the first post here at The Lorax Society! Well, here goes nothing…
In case you were not aware, my ‘area of expertise’ is every day activism, and challenging yourself every day to live a more green and socially conscious life.
I made the decision to enter the world of green about 6 months ago, and I haven’t looked back since. I’d pretty much do almost any eco dare you throw at me. If I’m anything, I’m adaptable…
I also, fair warning, have an overly healthy sense of outrage. I will get angry, I will type in Kanye West all capital letters, and I will go on rants. And yet, I’ve come to terms with my rage. At this point in the state of the world, I’ve decided it’s unhealthy not to have a little rage.
So, because I’m all about the eco rage/eco change, I’ve decided to start off my posts on this blog by issuing a challenge.
A really awesome, world changing, green challenge.
What is this challenge, you ask?
The challenge is to make two green changes a week, for a total of 52 weeks. 104 green challenges. One year. A new, greener life.
Why this particular challenge? Well, because it’s doable, for the most part. Once in a while I might go a little crazy and suggest something not actually that feasible, due to location/age/domestic status etc. But, for the most part, I will issue challenges that a. I will be doing myself and b. that almost everyone can do.
I promise you that if you stick with me (and with Lorax), you’ll be strutting around like Captain Planet in no time. Maybe you can even get a cape. Just don’t wear it outside. Actually, do wear it outside. That’s awesome.
Alright, so now that I’ve issued the basic challenge, I’ve got to go and start thinking of stuff to challenge everyone with! If you’ve got any suggestions, I urge you to comment. I’ve thought of some stuff so far, but I’m afraid I’m not up to 104 different challenges yet. And yet, I find myself excited for this challenge. I know that there have been many similar challenges all over the interwebs, but I figured that I would toss my hat into the ring anyway.
Alright, now that I’ve laid out the ground rules, I’m off!
<3 Manicpanic
Ps. Look out for challenge number 1 and 2 on Monday! And also keep a weather eye on the horizon for an activism post coming soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment